Return to General Discussion Forum

What happened to all the gun buyers?

Home Forums General Discussion Forum What happened to all the gun buyers?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PJ
    Keymaster

Check out this article

Gun Buyers

I’m not sure about you, but I’m still buying and never selling!

Echo5Charlie

I’m a buyer as well. When I was younger I said I’d never join the military or get married. I try to avoid saying never these days.

I think a lot of people have what they feel they need after six ish years of buying frenzy. Some of those buyers are turning into sellers and there’s some deals out there now. I’ve been saying for a little while now, now is the time to buy. In between scares and prices are pretty much normal.

I know several people who bought what they could after sandy hook, and now funds or tight or they’ve never used it and they are selling.

A local friend owns a gun shop and has great inventory and very competitive prices. He just told me he plans on closing soon.

I have to say, I wish I bought the pap when it was cheap. That would have been a great truck gun to keep the crowds of looters from using me like a Reginald Denny.

PJ
    Keymaster

I stopped by a local gun store today. Over the years I probably bought 3 pistols from them, no big deal really. The shop was almost empty, almost nothing in stock. Apparently the owner made some bad decisions and they may or may not be on the brink of closing. It’s a shame really…

In other news NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!!!!

Sure, ammo or guns could potentially continue to drop another 5% or so but why wait? When all of the Sandy hook stuff happened I laughed as others scrambled to pay $5k for an AR. If you have it you won’t feel the need for it when things get crazy.

Stock up on ammo, buy the gun(s) you feel you need and sit on them. Or go shoot them, I went shooting today…

Echo5Charlie

That’s exactly right. Buy now. I didn’t buy anything after sandy hook, I waited it out as well. I used to stop in to Cabelas just to Guage the situation and it was bad. People were spooked and grabbing whatever was there at whatever price. Buy high and sell low seemed to be their strategy. There’s a gun show in town this weekend. I don’t need anything, but I’d still like to go just in case there’s something I’ve been looking for. The only thing I don’t like there, every gun show I’ve been to I get offered a gun in the parking lot before I hit the door. It always feels like a sting.

PJ
    Keymaster

I’ve never purchased anything at a gun show. Never felt like the prices were right, mostly people selling to suckers (IMO). I’m sure there are *some* deals but they are few and far between.

Capt. Mac.

IMHO…. Gun shows can be a good source of ammunition. Go on the afternoon of the last day. Give your self time to walk the whole floor. Watch for those dealers off in the corners or who may not have had the best traffic. Be ready to buy big quantities and never be afraid to bargain.

(side note. My very best buy was done in a parking lot)

Capt. Mac.
    Pandemonium Airlines
    The rings of Saturn are composed entirely of our lost luggage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.