Return to General Discussion Forum

quick project

Home Forums General Discussion Forum quick project

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by Echo5Charlie.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Echo5Charlie

A few weeks ago I did a simple project here and just realized today, maybe someone here has not thought about doing this.

Basically, I cut 7/16 osb for each window and door window. I labeled them and put them in the basement. A few could fit behind furniture right below the window they are made for. I placed a box of 16d hand drive nails with the sheets and we have several hammers. It would be best to screw these into place, if needed, but Murphys law says my drills will not be charged when the power goes out.

7/16 osb is about 8 bucks a sheet before a storm and not to be found after one, so it’s pretty inexpensive for most homes. I also keep some 2x4x8’s on hand and a nice handsaw. A roll of 8 mil plastic is with those supplies.

With these materials ready to go, you could deal with a number of scenarios where plasticing a broken window or boarding up for a temp solution to boarding for protection are needed.

I live in an area that tornadoes have been frequenting the last couple years and power outages have become common. Maybe this is your situation as well, maybe it isn’t.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.