Return to New Prepper Forum

Prepping in Suburbia

Home Forums New Prepper Forum Prepping in Suburbia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    PJ
    Keymaster

Lux

I second your endorsement of candles. When the power went out a few years ago we cooked over them and it was quite successful actually.

Clarity Jane

I’ve found my perfect emergency cooking equipment. It’s called the Kelly Kettle and boils water very quickly using small amounts of natural fuel. Perfect for then reconstructing freeze-dry and powdered stuff safely indoors. However, there are attatchments available to turn it into a regular camping stove if needed. It’ll cost about £70 all in ($100 – ish?) I can’t wait to get one!

PJ
    Keymaster

The Maj had great reviews of the Kelly Kettle during his recent bugout journey, I’d say you are looking at a great piece of equipment

Clarity Jane

Are you there Maj?

Does your Kelly Kettle have a traditional cork stopper or the newer silicone one? If you’ve had experience of both, which is best?

Many thanks.

bigpaul

a few years ago we had a bad winter(we’re in the South West of England by the way)we were snowed in for 3 nearly 4 weeks, couldn’t get the car out, main roads were gritted but we aren’t on a main road so ours wasn’t, nobody(and I mean NOBODY) came to see if we were ok, we had to survive on our own, good job I’ve got supplies in isn’t it?

PJ
    Keymaster

bigpaul, another contributor from the big island east of us! Interesting you mention nobody came to see if you were ok, I suppose in times like that it’s literally everyone for themselves. Good thing you were prepared.

bigpaul

yes, isn’t it? I’ve been a prepper since 9/11 and our own 7/7 London Bombings. I’m trying to tell people this side of the “pond” that in a serious SHTF event NOBODY is coming to help them(not even the government) but they just don’t “get” it.

Clarity Jane

bigpaul:

2 inches of snow and Boris ( “Hurrah for me!”) Johnson cancels all of London’s buses!!

*sigh*

I can’t help liking him though!

bigpaul

yes I like Boris, he says it like it is, he called Blair mad the other day, a sentiment most Brits agree with.

Clarity Jane

bigpaul: In reference to Mr Blair…

As weem do say in these ‘ere parts:

“Ee be a gurt gawpuss! Thik Wurzels ud do a better job.

Echo5Charlie

Who knew you’d need a translator talking to Brits?!

bigpaul

didn’t you know we are “2 nations DIVIDED by a common language”, forget who said it, might have been Winston Churchill, but its so right.

Clarity Jane

Both bigpaul and I are from the south west.

For our local accent – think pirates and ships’ captains. (Ah – harrr!)
    For our history – think King Arthur and Stonehenge.
    For our looks – think Cary Grant and actress Diana Dors ( in her 50s heyday,)
    For our culture – think Thomas Hardy and Deliverance.

What does reckon then, Paul?

bigpaul

I’m thinking more along the lines of the Wurzels…but I don’t suppose many Americans have heard of them!

Clarity Jane

: D

They will Paul, they will…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘New Prepper Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.