Return to General Discussion Forum

Drills…..

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Drills…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    J

Thae last few days here have been crisis drills. Tuesday, there was a chemical spills near our home. We were just outside the mandatory evacuation radius vbut were trold to stand by in case the wind shifted. I got the necessities loaded in the car, am happy to say that I remembered where everything was staged, and had a route planned out to get out of the area, if necessary. Fortunately, it was not necessary.

Last night it was heavy weather time. Several severe storms blew through, resulting in a power outage for us. I used the opportunity to get the generator up and running and made sure things were functioning properly there.

All in all, was pleased with the way things went during these trial runs.

Echo5Charlie

Nice! Did you find any flaws in your preps?

J

nothing as far as supplies and such. I got to thinking I need to get a road map; i usually rely on GPS most times but I think it a good idea to have a hard copy of a map as well, one that shows all the small farm roads and such. the interstate was shut down and back up for miles during the spill clean up. knowing the less used roads is always a good thing in such a situation. If you lose GPS a good map is worth its weight in gold.

Echo5Charlie

Yeah, that’s a good idea. I printed off topical maps as well for each of my family members. There are some free ones online.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.