Return to General Discussion Forum

Donations: Wounded Warriors

Home Forums General Discussion Forum Donations: Wounded Warriors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PJ
    Keymaster

I’m posting this here in the forum and not on the main blog because I figure the “regulars” visit here vs those who pop in and out. I am going to link to a great foundation that helps those who have given quite a bit for our country while serving at the tip of the spear…if you can spare anything at all I’m sure it would be appreciated.

Lead The Way Fund

If you can’t afford to send anything that’s completely fine, just pass on the link as you see fit.

ParaB

I get asked a lot about my opinion of different charities for our vets. Theres info out there that the amount actually going to our troops from “Wounded Warriors’ may be as low as 20%. Im not sure exactly how much actually goes, so don’t get me wrong. But my American Legion supports “WWIA” (Wounded Warriors in Action). This is a fantastic organization. It was started by Lt. Col. John McDaniel (Ret). He is a former Spec. Ops. officer. He spent all of his own money, literally, to start the foundation when he retired. They take Purple Heart recipients on hunting and fishing trips all over the country. Every year, my Post has a “wild game feed”, where our resident hunters cook awesome food from their own hunts. Lt. Col. McDaniel and a couple of vets that now work with him come out and spend the day with us. All the proceeds from our game feed go WWIA that day. This year, our Legion Riders are also hosting a run with the proceeds going to WWIA. I know there are a ton of veteran charities out there. Im just passing on some info that I personally know to be great one. God bless.

PJ
    Keymaster

Thanks for the new link and info ParaB! I support all organizations that truly want to help vets.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.