Return to General Discussion Forum

And Just For Fun

Home Forums General Discussion Forum And Just For Fun

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Capt. Mac.

John does not live on prepping alone.

The lights are out and we are all hunkered down with our prep-ness. We are watered, food-ed, warm and the ramparts are secure. We are looking at a long night ahead. Then another. And another. Etc. (and the days that go with them).

Of course there is no television except VCR’s / DVD’s if you have a power source. Maybe a battery radio. No internet, cell phones or bowling alley’s. Going to local pub for a game of pool could be a bit dangerous, as would playing golf.

The human psyche needs input. Just think about sitting in a darkened room with very little sound and not much to look at. After all, sensory depravation is a form of torture. Shooting at the feet of passersby to watch them dance would be a waste of ammo.

I live alone so board or broad games are kind of out except solitaire. I am and avid reader and can spend hours, face stuffed in a book. The problem there is I have read my library. Some books many times over. Now that I think about this, I guess I’ll be going to the second hand book store. The plan is to “stock up” and not read them.

What would you all do (have you done) about entertainment? Having little offspring’s would exacerbate this problem many times over.

Capt. Mac.
    Pandemonium Airlines
    “The cabin lights will be lowered. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants”.

Echo5Charlie

Cards, and shadow puppets or stories with the kids. Bible for me. Lots of story telling in down times.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.