Return to General Discussion Forum

18 Month Blackout

Home Forums General Discussion Forum 18 Month Blackout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PJ
    Keymaster

Of course I’m preaching to the choir, but here is another article which discusses just how vulnerable our power grid actually is.

Small-scale power grid attack could cause nationwide blackout, study says

Think about the ramifications of an 18 month blackout. Life as we know would truly be over, no coordination from law enforcement or even the military would be able to quell the civil unrest / riots which would erupt in a days as basic services would disappear overnight.

It wouldn’t take long for people to realize that nobody is coming to save them and then the desperation would set in. I like to consider myself prepared but there is no doubt in my mind something like this would be a challenge to make it through…for any of us. Besides the food and water, your world is reduced to a 1/2 mile or mile radius…no readily available doctor’s office, no more internet for advice, no more money etc. That would be it, TEOTWAWKI.

Echo5Charlie

The more I prep the more I know I’m not prepped. Every little advantage helps though. Times like that arnt about living, just surviving and in my experience surviving sucks. I won’t ever throw in the towel though, I have people counting on me.

Muleskinner

PJ:

Being in the trucking business, as is you father, if that happened the pumps would shut-off leaving trucks and cargo stranded all over the US. Nothing would get to the grocery stores or any other store for that matter. I can only imagine how ugly things would get and how quickly they would become deadly.

bigpaul

if the power is off for 18 months it isn’t coming back on EVER. learn to live without it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.